MASSCreative Action Network
Platform and Agenda 2012-2013
Click here to view the list of elected officials and campaigning politicians who have endorsed
MASSCreative Action Network's Platform and Agenda
MASSCreative empowers creative organizations, individuals, and the public with a powerful voice to advocate for the resources and attention necessary to build vibrant, creative, and connected communities across Massachusetts.
Creativity is a necessary, public good that benefits the entire community. MASSCreative works to maximize state, federal, and municipal investment in the creative sector.
- Increase direct state investment in local, creative communities by increasing the FY2014 Massachusetts Cultural Council budget by $3 million to $12.5 million.
- Encourage municipalities to support their local creative community by matching the state allocations to their Local Cultural Councils.
All Massachusetts youth deserve the chance to discover their individual passion and creative talents. It can literally be a life-changing experience. MASSCreative advocates for high quality arts education and youth arts programs for every young person in Massachusetts.
- Support one year of high school arts education as an admission requirement to the Massachusetts state university system, while ensuring access for students from low-income communities.
- Encourage investment in arts and cultural programs that benefit under-resourced youth.
Artists and creative entrepreneurs all need places to create and share their talents. MASSCreative works to provide the public resources to refurbish the old and create the new spaces for creative activity.
- Reauthorize the Massachusetts Cultural Facilities Fund for an additional seven years and increase the annual outlay of that capital funding to $10 million.
Individual artists of all disciplines and creative entrepreneurs often need support and resources to have the capacity to do their work. MASSCreative advocates for programs and initiatives to support creative individuals and Cultural Districts throughout the Commonwealth.
Support legislative initiatives that provide:
- Benefits for creative individuals
- Substance to designated Massachusetts Cultural Districts.