Internships Now Available – Summer & Fall 2017
Advocate for Massachusetts’ Arts, Cultural, and Creative Community
From its world class institutions to the community based arts and cultural activities across the state, Massachusetts has one of the most vibrant creative communities in the nation. Despite this, many of our political leaders still look at the arts and cultural community as nice, but not necessary, leaving it open to yearly cuts in service and resources.
Founded in 2012, MASSCreative campaigns have brought together the collective voice of the creative community to advocate for resources and support they need to build vibrant and connected communities. Over the past three years, state investment in the Commonwealth’s cultural community increased by 66%. Our Create the Vote campaign successfully raised the profile of the arts community during the 2014 Gubernatorial election and the 2013 Boston Mayoral election.
Join MASSCreative to help build and mobilize our grassroots network of arts leaders and supporters. MASSCreative seeks Arts Advocacy Interns interested in campaign organizing, social media & communications, policy research, and/or fundraising & development.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize arts, cultural and creative community leaders and supporters to take part in advocacy campaigns.
- Utilize social media tools to broadcast compelling stories from the creative community and build a robust online movement.
- Analyze policy affecting the arts and cultural sector, and contribute to MASSCreative policy platform and initiatives.
- Passion and commitment to the arts, cultural and creative community.
- Experience as a volunteer in a campaign or campus group advocating for change.
- Desire to work hard to recruit and mobilize a network of arts leaders and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Course credit and volunteer intern opportunities are available for a part-time commitment.
Full time interns will receive a stipend of $1,500 for a minimum of 12 weeks of full time work.
To Apply: Email cover letter, résumé, and one reference to Merissa ( email@example.com ) with your name in the subject line.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.