Create the Vote 2014
Over the next four months, the race to elect the next Governor of Massachusetts will provide candidates and voters the opportunity to discuss the strengths and challenges of the Commonwealth and debate how we can strengthen the economy, improve our schools, and make our communities healthier and safer.
On July 15th at the Hanover Theatre, over 500 arts and cultural supporters gathered for the first-ever statewide candidate forum dedicated to arts and cultural issues. The audience heard gubernatorial candidates Don Berwick, Martha Coakley, Evan Falchuk, Mark Fisher, Steve Grossman, and Jeff McCormick respond to questions from the community and lay out their arts and cultural platforms.
Take a look at the night:
- Our storify recaps the evening via pics, posts, and musings.
- Media coverage in Worcester Telegram & Gazette, MassLive, DigBoston, and Worcester Magazine.
- Check out the video of the full program. Thanks to HowlRound for recording the forum.
Share the conversation!
- Follow MASSCreative on Twitter and Facebook and share info about the forum and future events. Use the hashtag #ArtsMatter.
Use your arts voice!
- Keep the conversation going by asking the candidates questions about arts and culture. Raise your hand at events, tweet at the candidates, email them, and post to their Facebook pages. Check out our sample questions.
Show that Massachusetts voters care about the arts!
- Sign the Arts Matter pledge to show the candidates that arts matter to you and should matter in this election. Share with friends, family, colleagues, and supporters.