Arts education resonates with so many of us. It fosters innovation, creativity, and can literally be a life-changing experience.
Yet, while many communities have access to quality arts education, many youth are still being left out.
That's why MASSCreative and Arts|Learning have partnered with the Massachusetts Cultural Council, Arts at the Boston Public Schools, and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to make sure every Massachusetts student has access to quality arts education.
Supported in part by Americans for the Arts’ State Policy Pilot Program, the program aims to establish arts education as integral to every school district’s curriculum.
Help advocate for quality arts education for every Massachusetts student
Get involved in one of the Arts For All initiatives:
Including arts education as a university admissions requirement
- The Arts for All partners are working with the Department of Higher Education and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to add one year of art education in high school as an admission requirement to the Massachusetts public state university and UMASS systems.
Sign on to the Arts for All letter to Commissioners Santiago and Chester
Injecting the arts into STEM education
- The Arts for All partners are working with the STEM and the Arts Subcommittee of the MA STEM Advisory Council to explore the infusion of the arts across STEM education (STEM to STEAM), with a plan to incorporate this in the state’s next STEM Action Plan (2016-17)
Learn more about the STEM and the Arts Subcommittee
Measuring creativity and innovation across all subjects
- The Arts for All partners are working with the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to implement the “Creativity and Innovation Index” as a way to measure student opportunities for creativity and innovation in schools across all subjects.
Explore the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Creativity Rubric
Funding arts education in under-resourced schools by tapping into Title I Funds
- The Arts for All partners are working with the California Alliance for Arts Education to model a plan to help Massachusetts schools use Title I funds to support arts education.
- Explore “Embracing Arts Education to Achieve Title 1 Goals”