***Thanks for attending Arts Matter Advocacy Day on March 25th, 2015!***
On March 25, MASSCreative will bring together the creative community for Arts Matter Advocacy Day to show our state political leaders that arts matter in Massachusetts.
Join arts, cultural, and creative leaders and supporters for a morning at the Citi Wang Theatre in downtown Boston and an early afternoon at the State House. After a morning of mingling, celebrating arts & culture, and sharpening our advocacy skills at the Wang, we will travel together in an “Arts Matter March” to the State House. When we arrive, we will meet with our legislators about arts and cultural issues, including the state budget. Together, let’s send the message: arts matter in Massachusetts.
9:00-10:00: Registration and breakfast reception
- Sue Sullivan, Chief Strategic Officer of Citi Performing Arts Center
- Joyce Kulhawik, President of Boston Theater Critics Association
- Rep. Cory Atkins, House Chair of Tourism, Arts, and Cultural Development Committee
10:30-11:30: Prep for legislative meetings
- Sara Stackhouse, Executive Producer of Actors' Shakespeare Project
- Sen. Eric Lesser, Senate Chair of Tourism, Arts, and Cultural Development Committee
- Julie Burros, Boston's Chief of Arts and Culture
11:30-12:30: "#ArtsMatter March" from Citi Wang Theatre to State House
12:30-2:00: Meetings with legislators*
3:30-5:30: Youth #ArtsMatter Advocacy Day. RSVP here: http://goo.gl/forms/WQLei0tiJq
*Snack bags will be provided on the way out for the "Arts Matter March". You may grab lunch on your own between legislative meetings.
Prepare for meeting with your legislator. Check out our campaign materials and tips.
270 Tremont St
Boston, MA 02116
Google map and directions